Onsight is planning some changes in the next few months to introduce Assisted Braking Devices (ABDs) and improve belaying standards!
Here are the various dates to take note of –
1st March 2017 onwards
– Workshops on use of Mammut SMART
– ABD Lead verification on every Friday evenings
1st April 2017 onwards
– Only ABDs allowed for top rope climb
1st June 2017 onwards
– Only ABDs allowed for both top rope & lead belay
– ABD + Lead verification tag are required to lead climb & lead belay
Details of workshop and verification will be released at a later date.
Of note, the ABDs which are endorsed includes – Mammut Smart/Alpine, Edelrid Megajul/MircoJul/Jul²/Eddy, Petzl Grigri/2/+, CT Click-Up/Alpine, Madrock Lifeguard, Trango Cinch, Camp Matik. Upcoming ABDs – Black Diamond Pilot, Wild Country Revo. If you are aware of any devices that you feel should be included, please PM us and we will explore its feasibility for inclusion.